Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

add a little texture...


Hello everyone! Glad you stopped by for another Creative Saturday Inspirations!
Today I have a quick and simple tutorial for some fun backgrounds using Creative Inspirations Paint. I first saw this technique using Distress ink, but I really LOVE the effect the paint gives.... so much texture and shimmer!!!

You will need:
paper
acrylic block (like you use for stamping)
Creative Inspirations Paint (color of your choice)
paint brush
water mister

Step 1: dab CI paint onto your acrylic block. Don't be afraid to get a nice thick layer.

*variations: brush instead of dab or use a makeup sponge*

Step 2: mist with water.
*the amount of water used will give you different results. Play around with it to get a feel for what look you like*

Step 3: stamp your block onto your paper.

Step 4: carefully remove the block.
You will end up with something like this. (each time it will be unique)

Now, if you want, you can stamp your block again without reapplying paint.

your second image may look something like this....
You can often get a third generation out of it too.

Here I coated the block with Evergreen CI paint. I stamped my paper, then when it was dry, I ran it through my Cricut.

Paper: white cardstock
CI paint: Evergreen
Ink: Mark-it, Powder Puff
Cricut: Gypsy Wanderings
Other: yarn, glitter, Diamond Dust

I love the texture the paint gives the trees! I added a little glitter randomly for the snow (though you can still see the smaller shimmers of the paint....
There are so many ways to vary the look... so have fun with it!!!


11 comments:

Kianel said...

Terrific technique Kassi, thanks for another great tutorial!
love from France, Kianel.

Jan Hennings said...

Kassi,
Very cool technique and the pine trees turned out perfect! Just love the texture!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh COOL technique - I love the texture that adds!

byondbzr said...

so cool, love this idea!

Karen Wilson said...

Thats a GREAT way to achieve texture, CREATIVE! Tfs!!

Jenn K said...

What a fun and great technique!! Love it and I am gonna try it out soon.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful job Kassi, as always!

Creative Inspirations said...

Great job Kassi. Love the trees I am going to have to try this on my Christmas tags.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I always love the ideas you come up with- and I have just the stamp......! Thanks for your inspiration!

Samantha said...

Brilliant! No pun intended!

BarbaraW said...

What a fun idea.