Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Friday, October 15, 2010

Little things inspired layout

Hello friends!  JennK here with you today to share a layout I created inspired by this weeks theme of "Little Things".  The theme got me thinking about all sorts of fun things, but what I decided on, was to focus on the LITTLE things in life that make me happy.  So, a layout war born....

The pictures are from a recent trip my kids and I took to visit my sister over the summer.  I just love to get these little 2X2 pictures printed.  I decided that I wanted to incorporate a few butterflies into the mix so I created a few squares of the same size and then mounted my butterflies to them. 

Here are the paint colors I used in my layout.

I painted the edges of the squares with the Rose Quartz paint...look at the yummy shimmer!!  I also painted the embossed areas of the butterflies.  The easiest way to do this is to leave your butterfly in the die.  Then gently pounce the paint on the open areas, try not to get too much paint otherwise it will bleed under the die.
Here are a few close up of the finished project..



I hope my project inspired some ideas on how to use these yummy paints as well as this week challenge.  
Have a great day and Happy Craftin'!  JennK




10 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Wonderful job Jen. Love the butterflies!

Jan Hennings said...

Jen,
GREAT layout! Love the photo's and butterflies!!

BarbaraW said...

Pretty layout. Cool idea to use the small pictures and add the butterflies.

byondbzr said...

I love the color combo of those paints!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Great layout!! Love the butterflies! Great saying!

Unknown said...

what a great LO! And what a great way to of seeing the "little things"!

Kianel said...

beautiful page! great warm colors!
love from France, Kianel.

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful layout, Jenn! Love how you used the paints!

Karen Wilson said...

Wonderful layout! Love the shimmer touches to it. fab fab!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a wonderful scrapbook page- love the layout with the pictures and the addition of the butterflies is awesome. I love the tag wth the writing too. TFS