Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Fall is in the Air

Good morning, I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

I've also been inspired by the colder weather we have been getting around here.  Can you believe it's November already?

My goal was to make something fall related along with making a more manly card.  It's sometimes hard to make the guy's a card, yet to also use shimmer on them.

My creation:

I first stamped one of the leaf images on white cardstock and then kind of quickly used CI Paints Garnet, Mango, Mellow Yellow, Buttercup, Citrus, Canary, Sunshine to paint in the leaf. I wanted to act quickly so that I could blend the colors in together while they were still wet.

 
The end result:

Isn't that beautiful? I didn't completely glue down the leaf, I left some of the edges up to make it look 3-D.

I used CI Paint Mango around the edges of the outside cardstock to add some more shimmer to the card. The paints are great for adding this little added touch, just like when you do it with ink.

I also wanted to share one of the first Christmas cards I've made for this year, before you know it, it's going to be that time! (Just what you wanted to hear, right?!?!)

A close-up:
I used the paints as watercolors for this card.

Have a great day!

Kendra

9 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Your leaf looks so real..amazing! Cutest snowman card!

Creative Inspirations said...

Those are wonderful cards Kendra! Both cards are awesome and Christmas always follows fall.

Terry said...

Love your realistic leaf! Both cards are wonderful!!

Kassi said...

The leaf is amazing! great job!!

Jenn K said...

How Fantastic!! Your leaf looks like it fell right off the tree in my front yard! Love it!!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is AMAZING! Beautiful work!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty- the colors are just wonderful! TFS

Karen Wilson said...

You can truly see all the sparkle, wow!! Beautiful!

Kianel said...

Gorgeous card, love the colors!
love from France, Kianel.