Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Handprint Valentine's Day Card

I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about Valentine's Day! It's my absolute favorite holiday! My husband and I always go all out with our surprises every year. We don't do the flowers and candy thing. :)

Anyways, in celebration of my favorite holiday, my son and I made a card for his Granny and Paw Paw. I'm not sure if you can really see it or not, but the hand prints are supposed to resemble a heart. I saw something like this in a catalog that I was looking at the other day, and thought it would be perfect to do at home with my little man. I'll admit that this wasn't my first idea. I had tried to make the hand prints with poster paint first, but since my son is 18 months old and rambunctious, that didn't work out very well. So I traced his hands onto cardstock. I painted them first with Antique Gold, and then added a layer of Rustic Red. I really like the effect that I got from it! I like the sort of vintage, romantic thing. :)

Thanks for looking, and I hope you all enjoy your Valentine's Day!!
-Dani

3 comments:

Kianel said...

really cute project!
love from France, Kianel.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Very cute!

Chrissy D said...

This is ADORABLE!