Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

sniff, sniff...

Welcome to another Saturday tutorial!

Do you remember way back when the "scratch 'n' sniff" stickers were popular?  As a kid, I remember thinking it was the coolest thing when I got one of those on my homework paper. =)

Well, in honor of that (and the fact that I have a whole bunch of oils left over from a princess party), I bring you scented paints. 

YUP...

What you need:
Creative Inspirations Paint
Small jar or paint container
Stirring stick (toothpick works)
Essential oil 

*essential oils are often found at health food stores*

 Step 1: Put desired amount of CI paint into your small jar. 

 Step 2: Add 1 drop of essential oil.  This stuff is really concentrated, so 1 drop goes a long way. Start there. You can add more if needed, but start there.

 Step 3: Stir.

 Step 4: Use as you normally do. Here I've used it to stamp the frosting on the cupcake... Makes it smell fabulous!


The scent will fade over time, but for a card or tag, it is a wonderful little extra touch to make it special!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

6 comments:

jessica said...

what a super idea!! I am going to try this!
TFS :)
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

Creative Inspirations said...

Another great idea Kassi!

~ Kendra ~ said...

You're amazing! What a neat idea!!

Michelle said...

AWESOME idea!! I just may have to try that soon!

Mieke said...

What a sensational idea this is! Thanks for the inspiration

Kianel said...

Oh Kassi! Your creative mind always amazes me!
What a fantastic idea!
Love from France, Kianel.