Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Friday, April 27, 2012

Picture Tutorial on Making the Tag Hearts

Good Morning Creative Inspirations Paint fans!!
On Sunday, CIP kicked of the next Inspired by Challenge.
This weeks challenge was 
Inspired By: Tags.
The challenge is to make any project with a tag
and
I posted this tag
I received quite a few comments regarding how I made the hearts and I thought I would walk you through 
with a picture tutorial.

So here we go...
I started out with these fun chipboard pieces that I picked up at Michael's from the $1 bin
Colleen, another CIP DT member also made a project using these chipboard pieces which can be seen 


Next I choose the color of Creative Inspirations Paint I was going to work with.
Antique Silver, Blush, Evergreen and Tanzanite in this tutorial

Such a cool color combo I think...remember any colors will work :)

Using my paint brush I dabbed the color on.....so not paint them on.
You want the look of tie dyed, or splattered rather than a smooth coat
Don't be afraid to mix it up!
If there is not enough of one color, add more paint.
The more you play the different the end result will be

This is where my original project turned...
I was being very impatient waiting for the paint to dry so I took out my heat gun
and heated the hearts to quick dry them...
instead of just drying them...

the heat gun made the paint bubble giving the hearts even more texture and a splattered look.
Not the idea I was shooting for originally but so happy with how they ended up turning out.
Not only can you see the texture from the original unpainted embossed hearts, but the paint created a texture as well from being heated.

Now these hearts are ready for another project!!
I hope you will consider giving this a try.
We could love to see what you do!
Thanks again for stopping by and have a great day!

~Jessica~

9 comments:

Rita said...

What a find. I love your blog and found it from Astrid. Now I'm a follower I can learn so much. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Ohhh How cool! Was wondering how you did these! Thanks so much for sharing, I am so going to try this! Thanks again :))

Creative Inspirations said...

Thank you for sharing those Jessica, I really liked those hearts too!

Anita said...

They're gorgeous Jessica, thanks for sharing.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Love your hearts!! Thanks for sharing!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Jessica, I'm glad you shared what you did with these hearts. Who knew that just some heat could really alter those hearts?? Thanks for the shout out, too. :)

BarbaraW said...

What a happy accident. The texture is really cool.

Sandie said...

Ohhh I love this, love, love, love... thank you for sharing Jessica!

Kianel said...

Terrific creation and thanks fro the tutorial.
Love from France, Kianel.