Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tra-la-la spring is Here

This week I chose to use the stamp Children Skipping from our sponsor Sweet Stampsas my focal image. Our Creative Inspirations Paints challenge is Inspired by Spring. Skipping children and spring colors combine to create a picture of spring for me.
My background is CI paints on sticky back canvas. I sprayed the canvas with water and then swiped on various spring colors of CI paints:sky blue, mellow yellow, peach, light purple, tutu pink and spring green. I stamped and painted the image with CI paints (rose quartz, beige, denim, onyx, autumn wheat, antique copper, buttercup, turquoise, raw sienna, blush), cut it out, and layered it on a die cut a Cheery Lynn doily. The butterfly was cut from Shimmer Sheets and the body was painted with onyx. The sentiment is an outline sticker.
Barbara Washington--designer

4 comments:

Anita said...

Very pretty. I love the way you made the background colors.

Colleen Dietrich said...

How cute is this, Barbara! Love that shimmery watercolored background.

Creative Inspirations said...

This is really cute Barbara.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Love the watercolored background!! Pretty card!