Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, February 11, 2013

February Palette Pick Valentine Inspiration

Hello! Emily here with a Valentine/Love creation inspired by the February Palette Pick challenge currently going on at the Creative Inspirations Paint Facebook page. For the entire month link up your entries on our Facebook page as many times as you want using the colors in the palette below. At the end of the month a winner will be chosen and receive all of the paints from the paint palette! Super easy and fun! 


Using the colors in the palette, I created a canvas full of hearts and love for Valentines Day. The colors worked perfect together, and once I had the background created, adding the CI Paints was a breeze! 


I used Royal Purple, Blush and Tickled Pink, mainly on the background. I mixed some of the Blush paint in with my modeling paste for the pink hearts around the canvas. Bubble wrap was used to stamp the Royal Purple on the canvas for some texture. Autumn Wheat is covering my larger heart along with a tiny bit of Royal Purple and Tickled Pink. 

I added more stamping along the edges, sides and front of the canvas along with some tracing of the hearts and words. 

At the top of the canvas is the definition of love. I had a bunch of old stickers with quotes on love and this one was in the bunch... I thought it would be a great way to tie the hearts together. It looked good once I added some ink to the edges and across the front of it to tone down the crispness of the white background it had. 

Below is a collage of close ups of the piece.... don't you love the sparkle?! 


I hope you have found some inspiration in the palette and my piece today! I will be back on Friday with another canvas piece. 

Have a great day!! 








8 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Wow Emily! This canvas is awesome! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

simply monica said...

Wow Emily this is great totally love it!

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous!!
Love it!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful canvas!

Cheryl Walker said...

Emily your canvas is absolutely Beautiful!!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

~ Kendra ~ said...

This is so amazing!! What a wonderful job Emily! I love it! Such a great canvas to hang up!

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful job on this mixed media project Em! hugs, Kimberly

DIANA L. said...

beautiful Emily I love all the colors on your Valentines Pallete.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com