Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, February 18, 2013

Hair Tie

I am so excited to share my project with you today!

This past fall, we teamed up with 3 Girl Jam and were exposed to their lovely Crinkle Ribbon.  I was asked to Guest Design for them today and thought I would once again combine their Crinkle Ribbon with our lovely shimmery Paints!!

Here's the hair tie I created:

I used Tutu Pink on the Baby Girl Crinkle Ribbon and Fairy Dust on the Lipstick Pink Crinkle Ribbon.

So I started by adding the paint into a zip-lock bag and then the ribbon, trying to cover all of the ribbon.

I then removed the ribbon and left it dry in  a little ball.  The paint makes the ribbon harder and also helps so that the ends of the ribbon don't fray! (Make sure to let to ribbon dry completely or it may rip when tying it to the hair band - happened to me as I was anxious to finish the hair tie!))

In progress look:


I finished it off by randomly add some Clear Jeweled Inspirations.

In my daughter's hair, it shimmers so much!
When I gave it to my daughter the look on her face was PRICELESS!  She was so excited and in her words she just "LOVED the diamonds I added to it!!"


My adorable model:



Have a shimmery day!!


5 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

So pretty!

Michelle H. said...

Very pretty and such a fun and creative hair piece!
TFS!

Kimberly S said...

What a fabulous idea, and what a cutie she is! :) hugs, Kimberly

simply monica said...

Awesome hair tie

Emily D. said...

It's a perfect project for the crinkle ribbon and CI Paints!! Your little girl looks so adorable!!!