Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Shimmer Tags

Hello!

Shea here with Glitter and Bonbons, and I have made a couple of tags for today's project. 


I've been playing around lately with mixed media projects, and one of the things I've started experimenting with is stenciling.  I LOVE stenciling and find myself doing it more and more, even when I'm making simple projects.  It adds a nice note of depth and interest to a background, plus it's just plain fun.

 On this card I stenciled the tag using a rose stencil with Peach and Mint for a very subtle base image, then I stenciled the diamonds with Mango.   I inked the edges with a dark peach ink then turned to the die cut.  I used patterned papers, first painting the pink paper with Peach before embossing both it and the green piece with Deliquesce Metallic Copper.


Here it is at a different angle where you can see the stenciled image a little better.  Very subtle but very shimmery. 

Some hand dyed crinkled seam binding finishes this simple little tag.


I brushed the second tag with Peach and Green Olive, then stenciled the diamonds also using Green Olive.  I applied peach glitter around the edges of the tag and peach and green glitters to the rose diecut after first embossing it with Deliquesce Metallic Copper.  A little stamping and some green hand dyed seam binding finish this tag off.

Thank you so much for joining me and don't forget to pop on over to the current CI Paints challenge, the theme of which is "Ribbon and Bling."  See you there!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous love all the details and all the shimmer!

DIANA L. said...

Your tags are so pretty Shea!
Have a wonderful Sunday my friend
DIANA L.
http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com