Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Saturday, August 10, 2013

fun foam painting...

Hello my fabulous friends!

Can you believe that summer is nearing it's end? Crazy!  For me, that means it is blackberry season. So, I currently look like I have been wrestling cats... Those bushes eat me alive! 

homemade blackberry chocolate chip ice cream is on the menu tomorrow though!!!!

I guess you could say the berries have me in a purple sort of mood... as you will see from both paint and my nails. :)

Anyway...

I was going to share one tutorial, but last minute (literally!) I changed my mind... I wasn't sure if I would bore you all if I shared a tutorial that was so photo heavy it could sink a ship. LOL! 

So, I threw together something different to share... I hope you like!

Step 1: Working on a piece of craft foam (you know, the really cheap "fun foam" sheets they sell for kid crafts), use a brayer to spread a layer of white acrylic paint, then add a couple drops of Distress Reinker.  

Brayer the ink in... you can mix it in as little or as much as you want. 

Step 2: Add some splashes of Creative Inspirations Paint for a pop of color and shimmer.  

Step 3: Place a piece of cardstock over your paint and press & smoosh around. Move it around to swirl the paint into random patterns.


Step 4: Carefully pull off the card stock. You can dry it with a heat gun and press it back onto the paint in different areas if you want to add more layers, or you can leave it as is.

Step 5: Since we colored the paint with Distress Reinkers, it will react with water... so, go ahead and flick some water at it and you can get some fabulous watermarks!

 Step 6: To stamp on the acrylic paint, use a permanent ink like StazOn or Ranger Archival.


Enjoy!


Supplies Used:
Paper: cardstock
Ink: Archival ink, Distress ink
Stamps: Unity "Chicken Wire" & "Love in Return"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Autumn Wheat

5 comments:

Shea said...

Well how cool is this - very interesting with loads of possibilities! Thanks for sharing, Kassi!

DIANA L. said...

Super job my creative friend, what a fun technique Have a great weekend my friend
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love this Kassi! Very cool and fun technique!! I will have to try this one with the foam with our dd too!

Emily D. said...

Love the technique Kassi!!!

Kimberly S said...

Fun technique Kassi! A nice alternative for creating patterned paint backgrounds. Thanks for sharing. :) hugs, Kimberly