Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Friday, October 4, 2013

Holiday Games

Christmas in October? Yes, I did it. I figure, if people do Christmas in July, I can get away with some Christmas stuff in October, right? I really am excited to share my projects with you today because they use some of my favorite colors of Creative Inspirations Paints. 


I made these for a class that I will be teaching in November, which is the real reason I did the Christmas thing. But the colors are some of my favorites. :) 


The layout uses some Rustic Red, Garnet and Green Olive on it. If you look closely, you can see that the background is tissue paper highlighted with some of the Rustic Red on the creases and some Garnet splashed over the top. I used the Green Olive with a Crafters Workshop stencil to add more texture and shimmer. 

The tag was super easy to make. I used my all time favorite Kassi Tutorial of Marbling with the CI Paints to make this. I chose Winter Frost and Silver Frost for my two CI Paint colors since they wouldn't be so prominent. I've found that although you can do the marbling technique with any of the CI Paints, the lighter colors such as Winter Frost, Autumn Wheat, Silver Frost, Ice Blue, IvoryGoldPink Highlights and Beige are my favorites to work with when marbling. If you haven't stopped by and tried out the tutorials that Kassi shares, you need to check out the Tutorial Section. There are so many things to do with these paints! I'm constantly discovering new things! 

As always, the colors used today: 





Have a wonderful day!! See you soon! 





4 comments:

Gertrude said...

WOW, tolle Karte
lg gertrude

Unknown said...

Emily, love your projects!!

Julie Odil said...

These are great, Emily! I'd love to take your class!

DIANA L. said...

Wonderful Emily, the tag is realy cute!!
Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com