Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

My First CI Design Team Project

 There is Always Something To Be Thankful For...

So very thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this design team and use these FaBuLoUs paints.

If you know me at all, you know I am all about color. I love having so many different color choices with these amazing paints. They are awesome to work with and blend so great. The shimmer factor is amazing.

I did this project on the back side of an 8x10 canvas because I wanted dimension.

















The background is done on my Gelli Plate using Royal Blue, Aqua Marine, Turquoise, and Plum.

I placed a stencil over that after it dried and used Buttercup and Pumpkin for the swirlies. I used a dry stipple brush to apply the paints with the stencil. I outlined the swirls with a black ball point pen.

On the flowers, I used Plum, Aqua Marine, Fuchia, and Evergreen. I also used the crystals in the center of the flowers. I also used the crystals on the Tim Holtz ornate frame.





















On the leaves, I used Evergreen, Buttercup, Fuchia, and Pumpkin. 

The outside of the frame was painted with Sapphire.





















For the bricks I used a brick stencil and Liquitex Coarse Texture Gel. I mixed Burnt Clay, Chocolate, and some Garnet into the texture gel before applying it to the frame. These colors stayed true and shimmery even with the blending of the texture gel...Amazing!!!! I then just used my finger to add depth and highlites with the Garnet, and some white gesso after the texture paste dried.

















The butterfly was a print out that I cut into 4 individual wings. I printed it out on white heavy cardstock and then filled in the outline. I used Garnet, Fuchia, Pumpkin, Buttercup, and Onyx. I used a white signo pen for the white dots and highlites on the butterfly.
















Here are the paints I used...





















 I hope this project inspires you and serves as a reminder that There is Always Something to be Thankful For.
x0x0x
Monica

9 comments:

Tina said...

Beautiful! The colors are so calming and inspirating!

Debbie Sherman said...

Gorgeous frame!!

Gertrude said...

Farbenprächtige Karte
lg gertrude

Kassi said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the Gelli Plate background!

Unknown said...

Very beautiful!!

Emily D. said...

This is so so so stunning! I love the butterfly!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful colors- love the Gelli plate BG & gorgeous flowers!

Julie Odil said...

This is beautiful!

DIANA L. said...

So beautiful MOnica love ALL the colors you used.